Monday, January 17, 2011

Happiness, Sadness, and a need for Prayer

Happiness
Colby continues to be cancer free! Colby is a little boy who lives in College Station. He had neuroblastoma but has been in remission for a while. His latest scans show that he continues to be free of this terrible disease. Praise GOD!!!

Sadness
Alexis Agin passed away this past Friday. She is finally free from being stuck in a body where she can not move or talk BUT her family is aching from the loss of their beautiful little girl. They are Jewish and many times her dad has expressed on their blog that he no longer believes in a higher power. I ask that you pray for him to find peace and find Jesus in all of this sadness. Their blog is http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/teamalexis

A need for Prayer
Please pray for a friend of mine, Holly Bush and her family. Holly is pregnant with her second son. She and her husband recently found out that their son has anencephaly. This means that his brain has stopped developing and his skull is not forming as it should. This also means that their son will not live for very long once he is outside of the womb. Please pray for Holly and her family as they go through this very difficult valley.
You can follow them at her blog http://thelittlejourneyofbabythomas.blogspot.com/

Another update...Kodi Tutt is in San Francisco receiving her MIBG treatment. She is 6 (if I remember right!) and has neuroblastoma. From what I have read, she is doing well. Please pray that she can continue to handle the emotional impact of being separated from her family during treatment and that the treatment will completely abolish the cancer inside her! http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/koditutt

As for us...well each day brings new reminders of Katie. It is a variety of small things and quite often they catch us off guard. For example, tonight I took Laura Beth to the potty and was telling her to push to make sure she got all the te-te out...and I was reminded of when I had to do the same thing with Katie...it made me so sad... But life goes on....right? =)

No comments:

Post a Comment