I have been reading the book "Choosing to SEE" by Mary Beth Chapman. It is a wonderful book that gives us a glimpse into her journey and how she has dealt with the death of her youngest daughter, Maria. I have included the song by her husband that talks about what Heaven is for him now that Maria is with Jesus. It made me relieved because to me Heaven is the face of Katie...and I felt guilty for this...we are suppose to long for Heaven in order to be with God but the only thing I want right now is to see is her...Reading this book and listening to the CD that came with it made me realize that God knows what I long for and He understands it. He longed for His Son while Jesus was here on Earth and He knows the suffering of a parent who has lost a child. He loves me and He will continue to walk with me through this valley of the shadow of death. Thank you for your continued prayers.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Heaven Is The Face"
Words & Music by Steven Curtis Chapman
Heaven is the face of a little girl
With dark brown eyes
That disappear when she smiles
Heaven is the place
Where she calls my name
Says, "Daddy, please come play with me for a while"
God, I know, it's all of this and so much more
But God, You know, that this is what I'm aching for
God, You know, I just can't SEE beyond the door
So right now
Heaven is the sound of her breathing deep
Lying on my chest, falling fast asleep while I sing
And Heaven is the weight of her in my arms
Being there to keep her safe from harm while she dreams
And God, I know, it's all of this and so much more
But God, You know, that this is what I'm aching for
God, You know, I just can't SEE beyond the door
Heaven is a sweet, maple syrup kiss
And a thousand other little things I miss with her gone
Heaven is the place where she takes my hand
And leads me to You
And we both run into Your arms
Oh God, I know, it's so much more than I can dream
It's far beyond anything I can conceive
So God, You know, I'm trusting You until I SEE
Heaven is the face of my little girl
Just Beautiful Christa. I think we all have a face we long to see and we say that will be heaven. Mine is my Dad I miss him so much and it has been 3 years. I know he is watching and enjoying it. God does understand and trusts us to go the right path you show strength even if you do not feel like you do. Your are STRONG in faith and love.
ReplyDeletePrayers, Love and Email Hugs
Mona White
For me heaven is the face of Katie! & always will be!
ReplyDeleteThank you, Christa, for posting and sharing your heart with us. We stand amazed at God's work in your and Williams life as you go through this valley. I feel in my spirit that Katie is so proud of you three. We know with God there is no measurement of time (a day is a year and a year is a day) so in just a little while for Katie you guys will be with her. Take care and know that you are loved - Linda
ReplyDeleteWhat a beautiful song...I am glad it gave you some comfort and I continue to think of you and your family daily...
ReplyDeleteWarm regards,
Terez in Sugar Land, TX