Monday, November 1, 2010

Dance with a touch of sadness

Today, just like every other Monday, I took Laura Beth to dance class. And today, just like every other Monday, I tried not to cry all the way home. I take Laura Beth to dance class because she loves it (just like her sister). I take her because I love to see how her little personality comes out...she never is standing in line with the others or facing the right direction! And I cry because everywhere I turn in the dance studio, I am reminded of my Katie. I see her picture...the one that was taken just days after she was diagnosed with cancer. I see pictures of Katie's dance classmates...pictures that she wasn't in because she was too sick to be in the dance recitals. I see her best friend, Kate (her mom is the dance teacher)...every once in a while Kate will talk about Katelyn...and I just hope that I give her the answers that her little mind needs. I watch Laura Beth doing the same gymnastics and dance routines that I loved watching Katie do to. And when dance class is over I see all of Katie's friends coming in because the class that she should have been in this year is right after Laura Beth's. Some days it is just too much to bear....but I continue on because Katie would have wanted her sister to get to enjoy the same things that she did...Katie would be so proud of Laura Beth for being able to do the forward roll and knowing the "Five Little Monkey's" dance...she would have wanted to dance right along with Laura Beth and show her all of the dance moves...I can just see them wagging their fingers at each other telling one another what to do....

So onto tomorrow....THANK GOD IT IS NOT MONDAY! =)


8 comments:

  1. Beautiful pic!
    I am reminded of you and Katie at the most random moments. I am working with a new lead teacher who has a four year old. The first time she said her name was Katelyn, I felt a wave of sadness for you. Those moments remind me to pray for you and bring a whole lot of perspective into my day. As does your continuing to share your stories. Thank you for that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praying each monday gets a tad easier than the last...
    You are always in my thoughts and prayers.
    I love the smiles on their faces. Such sweet sisters.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Katie will always be with her little sister and all of you I can only imagine how you feel. I just pray that it will ease with time I know you will never forget your sweet Katie but I pray the pain will ease. I know she is watching all of you and especially Laura Beth Katie is proud of everything Laura Beth does and watches her all of the time. I hope this week is a little easier than last week and may each one be that way. I am glad that you are able to cry when you need to cause I have see people who refuse to show emotions and it has destroyed them.
    Have a good week
    Prayers, Love and Email Hugs
    Mona

    ReplyDelete
  4. So proud of you for taking her even though it is so hard. Oneday you will be able to take her without crying, then you will cry because you feel guilty you didn't cry. (((hugs))) This is the hardest time of the year, I will be praying for you to just make through these next couple of months with as little heartache as possible.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I check your web site every day, as I always wonder how you all are doing. Thank you for sharing these stories with us. Our warmest regards from Sugar Land, TX and I hope that each day gives you more comfort in some way.

    Best,
    Terez

    ReplyDelete
  6. Big, big hugs being sent your way. I wish there was something I could say to comfort you but I know there is not. Be kind to yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for sharing. I check for your message, often. Everytime i see ANY Butterfly, I think of Katie and pray for all of you. You are always in my prayers. Laura Beth is so precious in her TUTU.
    Much love,
    Lois Gray

    ReplyDelete
  8. reading your story reminds me to appreciate my two little ones, no matter how hard of a day it has been....
    thank you!

    ReplyDelete